LAST UPDATED: 01/04/2018 What’s changed?
1. Who are we?
Awen Cultural Trust is a registered charity based in Bridgend, South Wales. Our purpose is to make people’s lives better, by delivering inspirational cultural facilities, activities and programmes.
Awen attracts around a 1, 000, 000 visits a year to a diverse range of cultural facilities, services and activities that include theatres, libraries, community centres, historic house and country park, and two work-based projects for adults with learning and physical disabilities. Our work has a significant impact on local economies, people’s wellbeing and community cohesion.
The full legal information is:
Awen Cultural Trust Registered Charity number 1166908 in Wales
Awen Cultural Trust is a company registered in Wales at Bryngarw House, Bryngarw Country Park, Brynmenyn CF32 8UU Reg. Co. number 9610991
Awen Trading Ltd is a company registered in Wales at Bryngarw House, Bryngarw Country Park, Brynmenyn CF32 8UU Reg. Co. number 09619638
All personal data collected will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Awen may change this policy from time to time by updating this page and a list of the changes will be shown in a separate document, which you can access through the link above.
2. What personal data do we collect
We only collect information we need – including data that will be useful to help us improve our services.
We collect the following types of information:
• non-personal information such as IP addresses (the location of the computer on the internet), pages accessed and files downloaded.
• personal information such as name, postal address, phone number, email address, date of birth and payment information (where appropriate). Information is collected in connection with specific activities, such as customer surveys, payment transactions, feedback, donations, competition entries and processing applicants throughout selection processes etc.
• CCTV is used in some of our locations used by members of the public. The primary purpose of CCTV cameras within Awen is to improve security and aid the prevention and detection of crime and disorder.
We also collect special categories of personal data from individuals who apply to work at Awen, including information about ethnicity and disability (if applicant choses to provide information). We will only use this information to monitor recruitment statistics.
Where we want to disclose applicant information to a third party, for example to obtain a reference or to obtain a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service we will not do so without informing you beforehand unless the disclosure is required by law.
3. Our purpose for processing your data
The collection of non-personal information helps us to determine how many people use our sites, how many people visit on a regular basis, and how popular our pages are. This information doesn’t tell us anything about who you are or where you live. It simply allows us to monitor and improve our service.
Personal information is needed to fulfil your request, process your order, process your application for a job, enable us to provide you with a more relevant service, and if you agree, to email you about other products and services we think you may be interested in. You don’t have to disclose any of this information to browse the sites. However, if you do choose to withhold certain information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
CCTV images captured on our cameras are to improve security and aid the prevention and detection of crime and disorder. Due to the nature of Awen Services there may also be occasion to utilise CCTV footage for other purposes such as Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults and Children. Any disclosure requests from third party organisation will be dealt with in line with official guidance and on an individual basis.
Sensitive/Personal Information about applicants is requested for monitoring recruitment statistics other than where an applicant is successful. Where an applicant becomes an employee the Information they have provided forms part of the personal file and used to provide necessary support or for equalities data statistics for the organisation.
4. What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and your data may be used in one of the following ways:
• To provide you with the products and services that you have requested
• Internal record keeping
• To improve our products and services.
• Where you have given your consent, we may periodically send promotional information about services, new products, offers or any information which we think you may find interesting using the address, email address and telephone number you have provided (see section 5, below).
5. Using your information for marketing
We will only use your information for marketing purposes where you have ‘opted in’ and agreed to us sending you further information.
Information will only be sent in way(s) that you have agreed. Marketing information includes information from libraries, parks, theatres, community centres and projects for adults with disabilities.
6. Who receives the personal data
We will only share your information if:
• We are legally required to do so, e.g. by a law enforcement agency legitimately exercising a power or if compelled by an order of the Court
• We believe it is necessary to protect or defend our rights, property or the personal safety of our people or visitors to our premises or websites
• We are working with a carefully-selected partner that is carrying out work or processing data on our behalf. These include:
Mailing houses – will use name and address data for sole purpose of mailing
Card payment processors – will store name, address and card data for purpose of processing card payments on our behalf
Ticketing service provider – will store name, address and other personal data such as email address and telephone number for the purpose of allowing us to operate an efficient ticketing service to our customers
IT Specialists – software providers who have access to data in order to support the maintenance of systems and to meet the needs of the contract.
• We only choose partners we can trust. We will only pass personal data to them if they have signed a contract that requires them to:
– abide by the requirements of data protection legislation
– treat your information as carefully as we would
– only use the information for the purposes it was supplied (and not for their own purposes or the purposes of any other organisation)
– allow us to carry out checks to ensure they are doing all these things.
7. Security and storage of your information
Information is stored on the servers used by carefully selected third parties as explained above – they may be situated inside or outside the European Economic Area. We may also store data on paper files.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online against loss, misuse or alteration.
Examples of our security include:
• Only authorised personnel are able to access user information and we use industry standard security technology (such as, but not limited to, TLS / SSL) to encrypt financial and personal information you input before it is sent to us over the internet.
• Controlled access to systems and information through authorised security levels and processes.
• Where required you will be provided with a password enabling access to certain systems that hold personal data and it is your responsibility to keep this password secure and not share it with anyone.
• We train our staff to make them aware of how to handle information and how and when to report something when it goes wrong.
Information will only be kept for as long as we need it, unless there is a requirement to keep it for legal purposes or to ensure we do not contact you if you have asked us not to.
Customer Personal information will be kept for as long as we need it to provide you with goods, services or information.
Sensitive/Personal information in relation to job applicants will be kept for a period of 12 months. All data will either be deleted or shredded.
CCTV Images – Routine digital recordings will be retained for a period of 31 days on a hard drive or disc and will then be overwritten.
Except for evidential purposes images will not be copied. All recorded material provided as evidence will be treated in accordance with procedures defined under The Police and Criminal Act (PACE) and this Procedure to ensure continuity of evidence and a clear audit trail.
A cookie is a small file which may be placed on your computer’s hard drive when you visit a website. The cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
9. Links to other third-party websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about any third- party links we provide.
11. Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• by changing the settings on your browser so that you do not accept cookies
• whenever you fill in a form on the website, we will ask for your consent to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe option or by emailing us at email@example.com
12. What are your rights?
You can ask to see the information we hold on you
You have the right to ask for all the information we have about you and the services you receive from us. When we receive a request in writing from you, we must give you access to everything we’ve recorded about you.
However, we can’t let you see any parts of the record which contain:
• confidential information about other people;
• Data a professional thinks will cause serious harm to your or someone else’s physical or mental wellbeing;
• If we think that giving you the information may stop us from preventing or detecting a crime
You can ask to change information you think is inaccurate
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to see this information and even have it corrected.
We may not always be able to change or remove that information but we will correct factual inaccuracies and may include your comments in the record to show that you disagree with it.
You can ask to delete your information (right to be forgotten)
In some circumstances you can ask for your personal information to be deleted, for example:
• Where your personal information is no longer needed for the reason why it was collected in the first place
• Where you have removed your consent for us to use your information (where there is no other legal reason us to use it)
• Where there is no legal reason for the use of your information
• Where deleting the information is a legal required
Where your personal information has been shared with others, we’ll do what we can to make sure those using your personal information comply with your request for erasure.
Please note that we can’t delete your information where:
• we’re required to have it by law
• it is used for freedom of expression
• it is in the for public health purposes
• it is for, scientific or historical research, or statistical purposes where it would make information unusable
• it is necessary for legal claims
You can ask to limit what we use your personal data for
You have the right to ask us to restrict what we use your personal information for where:
• you have identified inaccurate information, and have told us of it
• where we have no legal reason to use that information but you want us to restrict what we use it for rather than erase the information altogether
When information is restricted it can’t be used other than to securely store the data and with your consent to handle legal claims and protect others, or where it’s for important public interests of the UK.
Where restriction of use has been granted, we’ll inform you before we carry on using your personal information.
You have the right to ask us to stop using your personal information for any Awen service. However, if this request is approved this may cause delays or prevent us delivering that service.
Where possible we’ll seek to comply with your request, but we may need to hold or use information because we are required to by law.
You can ask to have your information moved to another provider (data portability)
You have the right to ask for your personal information to be given back to you or another service provider of your choice in a commonly used format. This is called data portability.
However, this only applies if we’re using your personal information with consent (not if we’re required to by law) and if decisions were made by a computer and not a human being.
As Awen do not use personal data to make any automated decisions and data portability will not apply to services you receive from Awen.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Our Data Protection Officer is Martyn Jones and contact details are as follows:
Awen Cultural Trust
Bryngarw Country Park
Tel: 01656 754825
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|